Due to lack of resources, we are only open for Jummah, Eid ul Adha, Eid ul Fitr, and nightly Taraweeh prayers during the month of Ramadan.
We are offering Jummah prayer each Friday at 1:30 (the Sermon starts at 1:30 and prayer between 1:50 - 2:00)
We are working hard to build and grow our community. For this very purpose, we offer potlucks (a meal or party to which each of the guests contributes a dish) every second Saturday of the month and each Saturday during Ramadan so that we would be able to meet know each other. We will begin to have Potlucks again in February, if Covid numbers are low.
We also offer Halaqa last Saturday of each month.
Parents are working on offering the weekend education. More information coming soon...
Masjid Al Tawheed provides the services to perform Aqd or Nikah for Muslims according to the Islamic practice of marriage principles. When a Muslim has already decided to marry the person of his or her choice, we arrange to perform the Nikah at the Masjid Al Tawheed (exception of COVID-19 please call for details during COVID-19).
The process is outlined below:
- The couple marrying is ENCOURAGED to get a marriage license from the county.
- Masjid Al Tawheed needs a copy of the official city license for their records.
- We arrange to get a designated scholar to perform nikah within the requested time from the time the copy of the marriage license is submitted to us.
- We require the presence of two Muslim witnesses for the groom and a guardian (wali) for the bride.
- The ideal guardian for the bride is the father of the bride. In the absence of a father for the bride, the person performing the nikah will guide the marrying couple to arrange possible alternatives depending on their options. If the options meet the Islamic requirements, the nikah will be performed.
- The groom with consultation and approval of the bride offers in writing the mahr or sadaq to the bride to be recorded on the certificate of marriage.
- The nikah details are recorded in a prescribed form It is signed by the bride, the groom, the guardian, and the witnesses. A copy of that certificate is provided to the bride and to the groom. Masjid Al Tawheed will keep a copy of the records.
- The official city marriage license is then signed by the person performing the nikah.
- There will be a $50 charge for the Nikah ceremony. (we buy sweets, tea, flowers, candles)
Masjid Al Tawheed designated a Muslim burial place with the help and donations of our community. We prefer to provide these burial lots to the residents of neighboring cities since we are a small community with minimal resources and burial lots however we are willing to help beyond these limits.
We have devised the following protocol for the burial of any deceased of the Muslim faith in the Muslim part of the graveyard where our community has several burial lots. Please be ready to provide the following details while contacting us for burial:
- The information about the deceased:
- Name of the deceased,
- Current location of the body, specifically whether the body is in-State or out-of-State,
- The details of the family member responsible for washing the body and other stuff.
- We work closely with Litwiller-Simonsen Funeral Home--1822 Ashland Street, Ashland Oregon 541 482 2816. Please call them to arrange transportation of the deceased.
The point of contact for washing, etc---Mary Foster 541 941 3180.
- Our communication with the family member will be:
- We alert the family to take care of all expected costs of services to be provided by the funeral home, including but not limited to the cost of the release of the body from the home or hospital or morgue, transport the body to the funeral home, storage, and all services at the funeral home, and transporting the body to the cemetery and finally the cost of digging the grave.
- Masjid al Tawheed will provide the burial shroud. However, the family of the deceased may consider a donation to the Masjid to cover this cost.
- The family will suggest to us the timing of the washing of the body, the Janaza prayer, and the burial time. We will provide information and will contact the Imam who will lead the prayer.
- Be advised that for male deceased only men will be present during washing and for female deceased only women will be present during washing of the body.
- Masjid al Tawheed will Alert the funeral home about the death. Provide the name of the deceased, and the primary contact of the family.
- Masjid al Tawheed will inform the community of the death, the date and time of the Janaza prayer, and burial when established.